Getty Images API Forums

Release Notes

RSS Feed

Jan. 13, 2016 - New metadata field for images: "name"

1. The /images and /images/id endpoints now provide you with a handy size name as part of the "downloads" and "download_sizes" field. These names match those used on gettyimages.com and istockphotos.com.

{
          "bytes": 78106,
          "height": 594,
          "media_type": "image/jpeg",
          "name": "Small",
          "width": 395
        },
        {
          "bytes": 89235,
          "height": 1024,
          "name": "Medium",
          "width": 681
        },
        {
          "bytes": 1662969,
          "height": 5196,
          "name": "Large",
          "width": 3458
        }

Most files will have a name, though some may not. Those that do not will provide a "null" value for the name field.

Questions?

-Matt API Product Manager

Message edited by Getty Images Matt 2 months ago

2. Contidio_gettyapi2 months ago

Hello yes I have a question. Is this name related to the "size_name" that comes back from /downloads API - if yes how can I match values "high" and "super" coming from /downloads - it is not present in asset downloads list (but some of those contain null size names). Please advise...

3. Getty Images Matt2 months ago

Hi... the "super" size_name provided in the GET /downloads response is the same file as the one with the "large" size_name in the "downloads" field in the GET /images response.

Can you provide me with the ID for an image that you're seeing with a "high" size_name from /downloads?

4. Contidio_gettyapi2 months ago

Thanks for your help! Yes, e.g. 833976612 or 1193254159 or 1203514218 (its many)

5. Contidio_gettyapi2 months ago

Also, 672809914

6. Getty Images Matt2 months ago

Thanks for the examples. Only the last image ID, 672809914, seems to be valid. But it's enough to run a test.

The "high" size_name in the GET /downloads response is the same file as the "large" file from GET /images.

7. Contidio_gettyapi2 months ago

Hi so "super" and "high" is both "large", correct? I also now see "eps" do you know the mapping there?

[ Page 1 of 1 ]