Getty Images API Forums

Download

RSS Feed

downloads/videos endpont `size` param

1. For the downloads/videos endpoint, what are my options for the size param?

Message edited by animoto_gettyapi 2 weeks ago

2. Getty Images Matt2 weeks ago

Sorry, it's not a totally clear thing!

Use the "name" values that are obtained from the download_sizes field in the /videos/{id} response. If you don't specify a value in the downloads request, then you'll simply get the URL for the largest available file. Which may often be a giant 4k video file.

3. animoto_gettyapi2 weeks ago

Thanks Matt. I guess I'm having trouble getting download_size to appear as a parameter in the search response. I'm passing "&fields=detail_set" as a param, and I'm getting a bunch of attributes from the detail_set (allowed_use, artist, mastered_to, etc.). I am not getting "display_sizes", however. Maybe the type of videos I'm requesting don't have that data attribute? I'm requesting "license_models=rightsready&release_status=fully_released" videos.

4. animoto_gettyapi2 weeks ago

Sorry, to clarify I AM getting display_sizes. I'm NOT getting download_sizes

5. animoto_gettyapi2 weeks ago

I just checked, "https://api.gettyimages.com/v3/search/videos/creative?phrase=beach&page_size=100&page=1&fields=detail_set" is also not returning download_sizes so it's likely not an issue with license/release params...

6. animoto_gettyapi2 weeks ago

Oh i see, you cant get that data via the search endpoint, you have to make another request for metadata by video_id. OK thanks for your help!

[ Page 1 of 1 ]